Friday, June 19, 2009

Shopping - June Week 2

I hit 2 stores this week, because the sales made it worthwhile. Fortunately for me, I have 3 grocery stores in my neighborhood, within a few blocks of each other. This week I shopped at Safeway and Giant.

The Safeway price on ground beef was pretty good this week. It was $3.49/lb for 93% lean (the only kind I buy), so I stocked up by buying 10lbs. They also had a 'Mix and Match' sale. If you aren't familiar with the M&M sale, here is how it works. Basically, there is a list of products. If you buy 10 items from a list of products (which are already on sale), you receive an additional $5.00 off your purchase. In this case, I bought 4 Lays, 4 Hamburger Helper, and 2 Betty Crocker Frostings to qualify for the discount. I didn't need the HH or the Frosting, but when I combined the sale price with coupons, the HH was Free and the Frosting was only $.29. Also, with the purchase of 2 12 packs of Coke products (there is a Diet Coke and Coke Zero hidden in the back), I received 5 32oz Powerades for Free.

All together, I spend $56.77 at Safeway (after $54.44 in Bonus Card and Coupon savings).
At Giant, Hebrew National Hot Dogs were Buy One, Get One Free. I love a BOGO sale. I bought 6 packages to stock-up for our Summer grilling. Otherwise, there wasn't anything terribly noteworthy in that shopping trip. I had a bunch of coupons that were about to expire, so I picked up a mish-mash of pantry items.


Also, we were running low on water, so I picked up some of that as well.

At Giant, I spent 79.94 (after Bonus Card and coupon savings of $40.56).

So far, my total for the month is $283.50. Not bad considering my budget for the month is $500. Also, in the past 2 weeks, I have filled the freezer with Ground Beef, Hamburgers, and Hot Dogs. Next week, chicken is on sale, so once I stock-up on that, I should be able to go without buying meat for quite a while.












No comments:

Post a Comment